Sunday, January 24, 2010

Short Stuff

My sister is getting married in May.  I am super excited for she and her intelligent, fun future spouse.  I can't weight for the wedding – oops, I mean wait.  That typo honestly was an accident, but it sure leads me right into my point:

Of my sister's six bridesmaids, four are blonde, gorgeous and tall.  Like really tall.  Modelesque, if you will.   It's such an attractive wedding party, jaws will drop.  Leading the pack as matron of honor will be me, in all my short, average glory.  (Shout out to R, my fellow short bridesmaid.)

I'm aware when I write this post people are going to assume I'm obsessed with weight loss.  It's like, can't she talk about anything else? The truth is, I am obsessed with food.  In me, that manifests itself in nutrition and exercise fascination.  I probably won't apologize for that again, so take this as my all-encompassing plea for forgiveness for harping on the same topics repeatedly.

Hence, today being a Sunday, I thought the first day of the week would be the perfect time to begin my quest for wedding body perfection.  Oh, Weight Watchers, I sure have missed you and all your companions: grumbling belly, too much fiber and an extra shot of blandness.  (Disclaimer: WW is awesome. It's been good to me. Disregard all complaints.)

This trip down weight loss lane, I decided to open up the "Biggest Loser" Wii game we got for Christmas.  I thought surely if trainer Jillian Michaels yelled at me for awhile that would get my butt in gear.

What I found when I turned on the game is it is like playing a little mini "Loser" game of your own! It takes your weight and has you input your daily calories.  Oooh, I'm getting all excited just thinking about it.

Then, when you perform the workouts using your Wii remote and the custom balance board, it keeps track of how many calories you burn, so it can calculate what you should be losing.  That way if you lose less than it thinks you should have, maybe it will yell at you or something.

Personally what this does for me is give me some accountability, which is what helped me while going to WW meetings.  Just think, if I don't stick to my diet Jillian's going to be so disappointed in me.  It's like being on the show, but better, because you can still have a life and don't have to worry about being voted off every Tuesday.

My goal is come May I will look good enough to feel comfortable in my dress (which, by the way, has gargantuan pleats all the way around the waist, increasing your perceived weight by about 20 lbs., but is darn cute). If I can pull this off with self confidence, then maybe my undersized 2-year-old will believe as she gets older that height ain't nothin' but a number, be it a small one.

No comments:

Post a Comment